Tips to Ease the Bottom Line at the Grocery Store
It's not just shock at the price of gas making headlines. Food costs at the grocery store are getting our attention as well. Now consumers are searching out bargains at the grocery store. The following are tips that will benefit your pocket book AND your health.
- Make a list and stick to it
- Buy on sale and stock up
- Buy seasonal vegetables and fruits
- Avoid shopping when you're hungry
- Shop alone
- Use coupons for items you typically buy
- If you don't already have a store discount card, sign up
- Buy store brands over name brands, which are more costly
- Plan meals ahead - plan leftovers for quick lunches and dinners
- Choose less processed food and ck from scratch more often
- Buy food in larger quantities. Price per unit, it's usually cheaper
CSU Denver Extension... Our community is our campus!
Updated Saturday, September 25, 2010